Tuesday 8 April 2014

To sweat or not to sweat..

A few years ago an email went out about how bad antiperspirant is for us, and how it would probably lead to Breast cancer or Alzheimer's. It circled the web, was the topic of conversation and then kind of disappeared.
Is antiperspirant bad for you? Does it lead to cancer?

After searching awhile on the Internet, the answer is no. According to the Web MD site, there is no proven study that directly links antiperspirant to any disease. It does explain that antiperspirant does contain aluminum, which does temporarily plug the sweat ducts and prevents you from sweating. As of today there isn't any proven facts to say that antiperspirant is horrible, but still makes us wonder: Should we really be putting aluminum under our arms?

I (Renee) decided last year to try out aluminum free deodorant, to see if it makes a difference and if it would prevent any smelling. I also thought that if I could do one thing to 'maybe' prevent cancer, then isn't it worth a shot?

but I was worried that I might end up looking like this:

 


























After searching and spending a few dollars, here are the deodorants I tried out:



























Kiss My Face

Tom's of Maine

Adidas Aluminium Deodorant


and my favourite so far: Tom's of Maine! I love the scent, it's fresh and it does last all day. You do have to get used to feeling slightly sweaty, but Tom's really does the trick. It was expensive-close to nine dollars, but has the nicest scent and is the softest to use.





















































The runner up is definitely the Adidas deodorant. It leaves you dry all day and works well even in the summer. I wasn't a huge fan of the scents, but this one is cheaper than Tom's, only around five dollars.

Which one I liked the least:

The Kiss My Face : ( It gave me a rash and irritated my skin. The scent also barely lasted and didn't leave you feeling fresh at all. It was around six dollars.

What about you? Do you use deodorant? Have a favourite? Let us know!

1 comment:

  1. I tried all of those too! I like the adidas one too, but it is hard to find. I use the arm and hammer, aluminum free one and it works great!

    ReplyDelete