Monday 9 December 2013

Peaberry Love

Charlotte and our Mama were out last week buying our weekly loaves of bread from our local bakery, when their eyes caught hold of the cutest sign:



























Peaberry Studio & Boutique






























Were they dreaming? Was there really a new boutique only five minutes from our house? And does it really sell vintage, local handmade goods??

They had to step inside to see...and they fell in love! That night they came home and told me all about this new shop that had opened, how everything was displayed so thoughtfully, how there was little touches of vintage love everywhere, how the shop owner Renee (which I love how we have the same name) is so friendly and absolutely enjoys what she does, and how I absolutely.had.to.go.immediately.






























Well my work week was kind of crazy busy and so I couldn't make it there until this past Friday. Unfortunately Renee had put her back out, so the shop was closed at the time. I pressed my face to the glass and my heart stopped. It had everything I loved: knitted and felted goodies, homemade soaps and the best antiques and art everywhere! I fell in love and knew I had to return as soon as possible. So the next day our Mama, Charlotte and I headed down to Peaberry.

It was pure shopping heaven! Not to mention, the perfect place to decompress, look at lovely art and feel inspired. It is always a real pleasure meeting an artist, but also DOUBLE pleasure meeting one who is a vintage/antique/recycled artist. Throughout the store are original pieces of art created by Renee, which you can find at the shop and also: here on etsy


























You can also find the adorable stuffies from Truly Charlotte, right near the store window.

My eyes fell on a wooden crate with thoughtfully displayed metal work. Tiny stamped heart earrings, delicate chains with vintage lockets, turquoise bracelets and so much more. It is by the artist Salvage Jewelry and I knew I had to buy a piece.

Charlotte found the perfect of felted mittens, and couldn't resist trying them on. Our favourite colour, and made out of Lopi wool! Such a lovely combination and one she couldn't pass by. Her talented fingers will be kept warm all winter thankfully by a lovely local knitter.

From candles made in recycled bottles, to homemade soaps, and original art throughout, this shop is definitely a place worth visiting. The best part is the owner Renee is not just incredibly talented, but oh so kind. She has a great attention to detail, as shown in the careful way she packages her wares. We loved the brown paper bags with the Peaberry sign and it made us both so happy to walk out with such a pretty purchase. We can't wait to stop by Peaberry again.

Make the trip to Aylmer and check out Peaberry studio & boutique at 112 rue Principale.







No comments:

Post a Comment